FPV-Treff.de

Das unabhängige Forum von und für FPV-Piloten
Aktuelle Zeit: Di 25. Sep 2018, 20:56

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 17. Jul 2015, 09:00 
I am not sure if this will translate, sorry if it doesn't work out.

Iftron RPV 900-1300 mHz receiver review +Spectrum Analzyer unveil!

Hi. I would like to publish this review of the Iftron YellowJacket diversity 900mhz-1.3ghz receiver, as well as reveal the new spectrum analyzer. I have had great luck with it. If you are unfamiliar with the rx, please watch parts 1,2,and 3 of the videos. If you want to see the fpv dvr footage, follow the Part 4 link to one video. I will have more coming all summer. Please let me know what you think of the review, and if you have any tests I should do do not hesitate to ask. -Ryan

Part 1: Overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XITIXj58tTY

Part 2:Spectrum Analyzer
https://youtu.be/evd1ncNuNHI

Overview: The Ifton RPV 900-1500mhz receiver is a high end diversity receiver with a host of cool functions, and has the highest sensitivity of anything on the market (-99 dbm my unit, none are shipped out unless at least -96).

Features:
-Diversity (diversity type configurable in menu)
-two A/V out ports
-Wide voltage input (2-4s), low voltage alarm, auto/manuel cell detect (configurable)
-Small form factor (slightly bigger than standard 1.3RX)
-OSD menu to adjust all setting
-High sensitivity
-spectrum analyzer for 900-1.3ghz
Favorite aspects:
-easy to create clean and compact long range GS
-audio alerts
-Perfect video within 3 miles from testing
-Spectrum analyzer

Gripes: All resolved by Ira
-RSSI alarm goes off too early, had to turn it off *A setting has been added for low/mid/hi sensitivity
-Difficult to see frequency in corner when changing- have to exit menu and click for quick menu to see frequency *fixed
-Because I needed three, I would say that you need to hit the button to turn it on... Not really much I can complain about *jumper was added so it auto turns on
-May be more susceptible to interference in higher noise environments (in testing)

Performance:
With a 400mw 1.3 vtx, mad mushroom/pepperbox antennas: 1 mile the video was crystal clear with absolutely no interference/flicker. I went 6.5 miles with no weird video dropouts or bad fading. It was grainy past about 5 miles. As I got closer in (2 miles) it started to switch to the MM, but only for a tiny bit. Then when I got closer 1 mile it would start alternating between the 2. The video was very clear as I got closer, and would not flicker or do anything when the diversity switched antennas. In a more difficult situation with heavy multipathing, the receiver was able to lock onto the signal fairly well. When flying 3 miles away, I forced it to use the madmushroom only, and the video was clear until the flyer got low above the trees. If you want to see more footage simply check it out on my youtube channel. All the antennas and vtx powers will be listed.

The big question: Is it worth the price?

I say, if you want a diversity for 1.3, then you are obviously planning to spend around $250. For $500, it will allow you to set up a very compact clean GS (see my simple one attached) because your rx and diversity are contained in a unit the size of 1 rx. It also has dual video outputs so you don’t need a video splitter. Another handy feature is that it contains a voltage alarm, and has a readout on the screen if you press the button in flight allowing you to check status of battery while in the goggles. Finally, the inbuilt spectrum analyzer allows noise floors to be seen, and also to figure out what channel a vtx is on without looking at dip switch codes or guessing. I believe the fewer components the better, as each additional one is a possible failure point. Iftron rx condenses atleast 4 larger units into 1. Another reason the Iftron is better than others is that it is made in the US, so won’t have components failing randomly, and the customer support at Iftron is better than anywhere else. It thus is an extremely reliable unit. The iftron rx also has the on screen menu, which introduces a whole range of configurations. Ultimately, it is your decision, and if you want the most reliable,compact, and feature packed rx,get the Iftron.

Part 3: Flight Footage
https://youtu.be/DuTLCzdUb8s

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 17. Jul 2015, 10:25 
Forengott

Name: Basti
hey ryan,

first of all a big hello and welcome in here! and thank you for the great review!

i've also been thinking about this rx for a while and it's a great item for sure.
i personally have come to the conclusion that i just don't need it as my single-rx-videolink just does not limit me.
would be interesting to directly compare it's performance to the rmrc comtech contestants though.

cheers, basti.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 20. Jul 2015, 07:28 
Basti,

Thanks so much! I was a bit confused about how the language translation will work, but it seems good. Now I can talk to a whole new crowd of people:)

I did do a comparison video, and the Iftron blew the foxtech receiver out of the water, so much that the guy I compared to said we needed to do another comparison because the results were so different.

Here is the vid, but take it with a grain of salt because I had a pepperbox while he had a crosshair. The interference is multipathing from the rocks, but the signal is obviously much better with Iftron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDH1eoRSfFk

As a comparison to RMRC, it does have diversity and spectrum analyzer, and better sensitivity. I own both Iftron and RMRC v4. For normal flying not too much, but as soon as I start to go behind stuff or out of range the Iftron locks onto the signal. I also seem to get less random video interference/glitches when close in.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 20. Jul 2015, 07:52 
Forengott

Name: Basti
thank you ryan!

sorry to say but there is no translation ;) english is fine though, should be no problem.

cheers, basti.

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 1. Aug 2015, 23:37 
Thanks!

The forum is translated to English for me by Google. I thought maybe it did it backwards for you guys. Oh well:)

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]